Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I really like to eat bananas, but I am really picky about how yellow they have to be to eat by themselves. I only like them when they are nice and yellow without any spots. Needless to say, last week I couldn't get to them fast enough so they started to brown. Usually when that happens I will put the browning bananas in the freezer to save for baking. Today it was rainy and dreary, so I wanted my husband to have something sweet to come home to after work (besides his lovely wife, of course!). I found a similar recipe for banana muffins at Allrecipes.com and combined it with my vanilla chocolate chip bread recipe.

Let's just say this recipe is so good it's bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S :)

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 3/4 c. flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. shortening
2 eggs
2 Tbs milk
1 Tbs vanilla extract
3 large extra ripe bananas, mashed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin tins. In medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Whisk to combine and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine shortening and sugar. Beat on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time until well combined. Add milk and vanilla, then bananas to mixture and combine well.

With mixer on low, add flour mixture until just combined then fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and place in oven to bake.

Bake muffins for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media