Sunday, July 5, 2009

Salmon with Honey-Mustard Glaze and Savory Maple-Glazed Carrots

Recently I found a cookbook that my husband and I received as a wedding gift. I collect cookbooks and typically read through them many times, but with the hustle and bustle of the wedding, I never found the time. Now, almost a year later, I decided to check it out and test out a few recipes. I found a recipe for salmon that looked delicious and it didn't disappoint! Also, the subtle sweetness in the carrots combined with the spiciness of the glaze really made the carrots shine and seem anything but ordinary.

I also love how both recipes are perfectly portioned for two people to enjoy a relaxing Sunday dinner.

Salmon with Honey-Mustard Glaze
(adapted from Bride and Groom First and Forever cookbook)

2 salmon fillets (about 8 oz. each), skin removed
3 Tbs. Spicy Brown mustard
2 Tbs. sour cream
3 tsp. honey
1 tsp. dried dill weed
8 crackers, crushed

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Place the salmon on the baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine mustard, sour cream, honey, and dill weed. Spread over the salmon fillets. Top with crushed crackers just before baking.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through and flaky.


Savory Maple Glazed Carrots
(adapted from Bride and Groom First and Forever cookbook)

3 carrots, peeled and sliced (about 1/8 inch thick)
¼ C. water
3 Tbs. butter
3 tsp. maple syrup
¾ tsp. lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 to ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (add more or less to desired level of heat)

In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook on high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce to low heat and continue to cook until the carrots are tender and the sauce is reduced to a glaze, about 7 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome, can I hire you to cook for us?! I was actually wondering if you could post your recipe for that apple dessert salad thingy with the snickers in it. Paige is craving it... she told me ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media