Monday, August 9, 2010

Steaks with Sun-dried Tomato and Herb Butter

When I was in college, I studied abroad in Spain. It was life-changing, wonderful, and so freeing. I can't wait to go back and explore more of Spain because it was so magical for me. The food in Spain is insanely good too. But, one thing I did learn throughout my travels there was how much I love steak. You see, my entire trip there I spent tasting new, exotic foods and delicious seafood options. It was great! But by the end of my trip, all I wanted was STEAK! I could have eaten an entire cow by the time I came home.

So, here you will find a recipe for the meat-lover in you. A simple steak that is transformed into a rich, culinary treat by piling on a sun-dried tomato and herb butter. If you ever have the chance - go explore Spain - you will love it. And when you get home and need to satisfy your craving for beef, try this recipe out...you'll be glad you did!



Steaks with Sun-dried Tomato and Herb Butter

4 steaks, any cut you like
2 T. steak seasoning
1 stick of butter, room temperature
1 tsp. rosemary, chopped
1 tsp. thyme, chopped
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 T. basil, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped

Sprinkle steaks well with steak seasoning. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients: butter, rosemary, thyme, pepper, salt, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Mix until incorporated and refrigerate until needed.

For indoor cooking: Preheat large skillet to medium-high heat. Spray pan with non-stick spray and sear steaks 6 min. on each side or to desired doneness, turning every 2 minutes (you may need to cover pan to prevent splattering). If you desire steaks well done, after searing steaks, place steaks in a 350° oven for 10 minutes.

To grill steaks outdoors: Preheat grill to medium-high. Cook to desired degree of doneness, about 5-6 minutes per side for medium. Remove from heat and allow to sit for five minutes before serving.

Top each steak with a dollop of herb butter. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Like I said, really not a "Steak" recipe, but it's good if you're looking for something to jazz up your steaks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media