Friday, April 22, 2011

Apple Stuffed Roast Pork

As much as I love to cook, with a toddler, sometimes that becomes nearly impossible. So for those days that we're incredibly busy or Mr. Man's being too cute to not play with, I try to find shortcuts that make my life easier.

Thay being said, I was at my local grocery store when I spotted apple stuffing mix. It's quick, easy, and usually a crowd pleaser. To my further excitement, there was a recipe for Apple Stuffed Roast Pork on the back of the box.

I tried that recipe and it was really delicious. While it wasn't that quick, it was easy, and made for a impressive and pretty dinner. I hope you like it as much as we did!



Apple Stuffed Roast Pork

1 pkg. Apple stuffing mix (mine happened to be Stove Top)
1 pork loin, butterflied
2 T. maple syrup
2 T. dijon mustard
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the stuffing as directed on the package. Let stand 5 minutes.

Place the meat, cut side up, on your work surface. Cover with stuffing, leaving 1/2 inch border. Roll up the meat, starting at the short end.

Place the meat, seam side down, on a greased pan. Bake 1 hour.

Meanwhile, mix the syrup, mustard, and rosemary. Spread over the meat. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until the meat is 160 degrees.

Enjoy!
*This post is not sponsered by Stove Top in any way...I just happened to really like this recipe :)

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is literally watering! I will be making this! New follower from hopscout FB page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media