Thursday, May 26, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I came across this recipe years ago and I am still amazed at how simple, moist, and decadent this cake is. Even though it's not "from scratch" (hey, it's still homemade!) I think it's by far my favorite chocolate cake recipe.

The cake is incredibly moist and chocolatey while the extra chocolate chips add richness and even more fun! This time, I made cupcakes with the recipe, but you can also use this to make 2 9" cake rounds. It's amazing and so simple that you'd be crazy not to give it a try!




Double Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 small pkg Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups mini chocolate chips, plus more for decorating

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a very large bowl, mix together everything except chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into cupcake tins with linters. For cooking time, I use the cooking times on the back of the devil’s food cake box as a guide and usually add 5-10 mins to whatever it says. Then I do the toothpick check, and if it’s not done, I check on it every 5 mins after that.

Allow to cool and then frost with Vanilla Buttercream frosting and sprinkle with extra mini chocolate chips.

2 comments:

  1. Well those look just about as delicious and sinful as you can get! Beautiful
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media