Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bacon Pastries

This recipe came from my uncle who served them over Memorial Day. They are really easy and remind me of BLT dip. Using the flaky biscuits as a little cup is a great idea and I am really excited to try this trick out with my Spiced Chicken Wonton filling - I'll let you know how that one turns out! In the meantime, I hope you try and enjoy this recipe!


Bacon Pastries
(adapted from Uncle Tom)

4.3 oz. package of REAL crumbled bacon (I suggest Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon)
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 medium tomato, chopped
3/4 C. grated Gruyere cheese (you can substitute regular swiss, but the gruyere really makes it tasty!)
1/2 C. Miracle Whip (or mayo if you're not a Miracle Whip person like me!)
1 Tb. fresh basil, chopped
1 large can of refrigerated biscuits, flaky style

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine bacon, onion, tomato, cheese, mayo, and basil. Separate each biscuit into 2-3 layers. Flatten slightly with your hands and press each layer into one well of a mini muffin pan. Spoon the filling mixture into each muffin.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot and biscuits are lightly browned.

These are great hot but are also just as good at room temperature. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media