Monday, June 29, 2009

Uncle-Niece Cooking Day!

It has finally arrived! My Uncle Tom and I have been talking for MONTHS about cooking together. We both love food and trying new recipes, so we thought this would be a great way to share ideas and have the family over to taste-test the recipes.

I had such a great time cooking with my uncle! I learned a few really clever tricks (like actually using the olive oil that the sun-dried tomatoes are packed in) and was so happy to share this time with him. He's a great man and a great cook that makes me proud to call him Uncle. I hope he had as much fun sharing recipes and stories as I did.

Below you will find the list of dishes and recipes that we decided to cook. There really wasn't any rhyme or reason, just dishes that we enjoy and wanted to share.

Uncle Tom's Dishes:
Blue Cheese and Carmelized Onion Galette
Fajita Enchiladas
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Carmelized Onion
Pasta with Sausage, Artichokes, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

My Dishes:
Sweet 'N Spicy Asian Pulled Pork
Israeli Couscous with Apples, Cranberries, and Almonds
Honey Balsamic Chicken Satay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media